Events happen - and i hv no control... rejoinder??

The other day i was chatting with a friend of mine and she sounded quite upset about how her boyfriend was treating her.. and the topic veered to the aspect of the degree of control we have over life. so when i told her that we have no control over at all over life, she said.. so i should just sit and do nothing? if everything is controlled, if every script of my action or happening in my life is pre-written at my birth, why should i even do anything?
that set me thinking and i wondered.. how do i resolve this? she was right in her thinking.. if everthing is pre-written, i have no role and i could just keep quite and do nothing.. if however, i have control over my life, i can and must do something that will change my life and hence it is not pre-written...
I was quite puzzled about the whole thing till one day when i was driving home, a possible answer struck me... there was a group of vehicles going in front of me... very slowly.. so i could say everything is prewritten and move slowly or i could keep honking and push in front of other vehicles. so i honked continuously and drove ahead of other vehicles and went at my normal speed..does this mean that i could change what is pre-written?
I said to myself.. It is not that everything is within my control.. It is also not that nothing is within my control.. all actions in the world have a reaction.. the reaction does not necessarily be what i want or desire.. the reaction is just a result and the result could be as i desire or something else.. and that result is not within my hands.. in the example of traffic, i could have honked away to glory and the vehicles in front of me may not move at all from my path.. in which case i perforce have to move slowly...
In life action is inevitable ... but the result is pre-written..hence i may as well act with full dedication.. and this is paradoxical..the result may be what i desire without even wanting it.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

on Corruption