Trip to bangalore etc

Recently I went to Bangalore and the three days were really wonderful- I sort of lived in a dream world - when i came back to Bombay the dream continued for some more days..:)
Left for Bangalore this Friday (14th December, 07) by Indian airlines - the trip to airport was by rickshaw as usual - I was disturbed (was I?) by the sight of a man at the roadside - he was asleep (or dead?) and no one including me (consoling myself i was getting late) did anything to help- is this how city life is like - completely focussed on oneself to the exclusion of everyone except perhaps one's love one? Went to the bookshop and bought a book by RM Lala (amazing guy who wrote about JRD Tata) the airline left in time (incidentally i was the last passenger) and landed Bangalore in time - no delay as is frequent these days . I went to the office and finished my work; the guys in the office were very helpful and took me for lunch and also helped in direction to where i was to go; i also had a nice cup of tea and rava idli at a restaurant - i then met an ex-colleague from Kotak - she is as lively and enthusiastic as ever - we talked about her and my work and what else we do .. we had nice junk stuff such as dosa made in oil with sambar and chatni and she had fried potato - she is actually quite slim and like me indulges in such food once in a while.. and then i also mentioned about what i want to do and what i wish to do with the additional money that i could earn - The additional money could help in spending on a combination of charity work and being able to indulge in my hobbies starting with my running, trekking , electronic stuff, books, music, etc. (some of which costs serious money) - also get into a stage where spending money without having to think about cost of an item - later i met a great couple for a dinner and so comfortable with each other as well with me (or probably others too) that they could open engage in disputes without feeling uneasy. We had great dinner and spoke about books and blogs and journalism. Incidentally she mentioned about an interesting process that she follows in journalism - she sends her students to village without almost no facility and ask them to do research - i think it is a great idea and we people in city have no touch with reality in villages. Incidentally they told me about this blog http://churumuri.wordpress.com/ run by a guy from Mysore who even now goes by a train to bangalore and does his visit and writes ,etc.
He then dropped me close to lalbaug gardens from where i took an auto to Lalitha didi's house (my sister) .. in another blog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

on Corruption